Thursday, October 16, 2008

Contents of Purse


The internet is a jolly good place to dump out the contents of one's purse.

My purse is usually a pretty tidy place. I like being able to find my lipstick in the same place where I left it. I like having only the essentials on hand. Simplicity is my motto.

Take a look-see:
  1. Day-planner: It has my calendar, ward directory, postage stamps, cash and blank paper. It's also where I keep my favorite mechanical pencil and hide the only Sharpie in the house.
  2. Keys: House key, car key, minivan key. All on a key ring with a Leatherwoman and my engagement ring. Nice fobs.
  3. Cards: Debit card (I don't believe in credit cards), library card, Sam's Club card (just for the butter, chicken base, cheese and free samples on toothpicks), and Utah Driver's License.
  4. Lotion: Aveda Hand Relief is what's on tap. It works and smells herbal and natural. It's wicked expensive unless you have a sister who works at an Aveda salon.
  5. Gum: I used to always chew Extra Peppermint, but when they changed the color and flavor of the gum that I had chewed for twenty years, I decided it was time to switch to Trident. I only chew a half piece, which officially makes me the weirdest person on the planet. (Hi, friend!)
  6. Lipstick/balm: I usually have both. MAC and Burt's Bees peppermint.
  7. MP3 Player: It's a Sansa Fuze 8gb with heaps of old time radio podcasts. I heart Jack Benny, Gracie Allen, Green Hornet, and My Friend Irma.
  8. Cellular Telephone: I use it to check what time it is, and to call my mom or husband while I'm on errands.
  9. Digital Voice Recorder: I use it for recording compositions, funny things the kids say, and songs I am learning/performing.
  10. Camera (not pictured): It's usually in my purse. I keep it there in case we're out and about and something beautiful happens.
  11. What I Left Out: gum wrappers, extra diaper (if I'm lucky), wipes, loose change (for parking downtown), hair clip.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I think I love the fact that you're too cheap to chew a whole piece of gum, yet you buy MAC make up. A girl after my own heart! I love you!